SOLAR ENERGY TRAINING | SOLAR ELECTRIC DESIGN AND FOR GRID-TIED SYSTEMS (2)
Course Sessions: SUN - Thur , 5pm - 9 pm
Location: IAREEE Training Facilty ( ARD ELGOLF)
Registration Fee Includes, coffee Breaks and documentation.
Course will be conducted in Arabic with English Material.
Non-Egyptian: 300 US $
Egyptian - 50% Discount : 150 US $. (Egyptian discount code : EG101)
During this 5-day course participants will learn planning and design of grid-tied PV systems, calculation of roof-top PV systems with and without simulation programs including step-by-step calculation exercises based on real grid-tied PV project connected to the Grid, which considered one of the sectors that witnessing a rapid growth in Egypt..
Course will encompass both theoretical and practical sessions.
This course focuses on grid-tied PV systems, the largest and fastest growing segment of the PV industry in Egypt and MENA region. However, the course covers material critical to understanding all types of PV systems. These core concepts are expanded on other PV courses, which focus more specifically on various particular system types, applications and design methodologies.
This course is your entrance to the solar industry. It all starts with the fundamentals of solar radiation, solar electricity and solar energy basics. The course helps in building a solid understanding of various components, system architectures, and PV systems applications. Other topics include array configuration, system sizing, site analysis, and performance estimation; electrical design characteristics such as protection devices, wiring and grounding; a detailed look at module and inverter specifications and characteristics; mounting methods overview for various roof structures and ground mounts; local requirements for national grid connection and an introduction to effectively commissioning grid-tied PV systems.
After completing the course your will be able to:
- Explain & demonstrate the components and steps of the main design of grid-tied PV systems
- Plan, design and price grid-tied PV systems.
- Clarify the motives for the use of PV systems in specific circumstances
- Identify the relevant applications of PV business opportunities under different conditions and for different segments.
This training covers:
- Introduction to renewable energy
- Solar radiation and solar PV.
- Solar electricity and solar energy basics.
- Overview of PV systems.
- Explain grid-tied system components.
- Photovoltaics, working theory, characteristics, operation and manufacturing.
- Grid-tied inverters.
- Balance of components of the photoelectric systems (solar cable, structure, protection components, ground system, …etc).
- Exercise (five experiments on a training simulator unit).
- Site analysis.
- Egyptian code to connect to the grid
- Design of grid-tied photovoltaic system.
- Practical training on designing a tender for a solar power station.
Who should attend
- Electrical/Mechanical engineers
- Solar industry professionals
- Facility managers
- Developers’ technical engineers
- Government agencies’ engineers
- Electromechanical consultants
- Sustainability managers
- Engineering students
- Suppliers to the construction industry
- Project managers’ engineers
Training will be held in the Academy Center in Heliopolis, Fees include course materials, drinks and lunch, see the details on annexes, the content of the session and scheduling training.
>> Course overview & Schedule
>> INSTRUCTOR BIO
Eng. Wael Madkour
Mr. Wael supports Renewable Energy Shift (RES) for public and private sector organizations in their evaluation, development, and financing of renewable energy and energy efficiency. In his work as an expert, Mr. Wael helps clients commercialize new technologies and develop solar projects. Prior to RES, Mr. Wael was director of Solar Energy development association (SEDA), Director of Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency world magazine, and C.O.O of International Academy for Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency (IAREEE).
- Certified Instructor at DGS Solar School (GERMANY) & Certifiefied Lecture RENAC Germany.
- Moreover, Mr. Wael is associated consultant at American university in Cairo for solar photovoltaics commercial projects and regional recognized photovoltaics projects
- He also, headed solar technology know-how transfer program that last for two years in partnership with Die Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ),which resulted in the adoption of ten lecturers in the solar energy sector, which was reflected in the evolution of sector growth.
- Participated as key consultant at development of solar photovoltaics bidding specification documents for Electric Holding Company.
- Managed, Operate and lead a regional recognized Building Integrated PV system project installed at 12th Floor UNB Bank headquarter in Egypt.
- Participating and leading awareness and stakeholder adaptation of Feed-In-Tariff program led by SEDA in partnership with Egyptian Electrical Utility & Consumer Protection Regulatory Agency (Egyptera).
- Through his work as operating officer of IAREEE, he managed to lead the local solar training sector through the development of new training programs and formed alliances with international professional and academic bodies in addition to establish partnership agreements with strategic clients, increasing the visibility and accessibility to IAREEE locally and regionally.
- Trained more than 350 engineers at more than 40 courses in Egypt & abroad on solar photovoltaics through Solar Energy Development association and International Academy for Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency.
- Participating in locally launching SHAMCI standards program as a steering committee member with Egyptian organization for standardization & quality (EOS), Regional Center for Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) among other stakeholders to Lunch.
- Founder of the first local solar professional training equipment's manufacturing facility.
- Participating as technical chair member of local manufacture program with Minister of Trade and Industry for the development of strategies, policies and operational mechanisms necessary to support local manufacturing systems for new and renewable energy.
>> PREVIOUS COURSES IMAGE
سيتمكن المشاركون من ممارسة التدريب العملي على نظام PV خلال الدورة.
Near By Hotels
|Event Date||22-12-2019 5:00 pm|
|Event End Date||26-12-2019 9:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||05-11-2019|